Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lots and Lots and Lots of Meetings

The past couple of weeks have been really busy for me, as there have been a  bunch of meetings to attend!  I attended my first South East Regional Main Street Meeting last week, and got to meet a lot of the Main Street Managers for other towns in the area.  We met in Harlan, Kentucky and toured the Court House which is undergoing some great renovations.  

Yesterday, I went to Lynch Kentucky for a First Frontier Corridor Meeting.  Judy, our Tourism Director and I went together.  We got to tour a new attraction in Lynch where you go into a mine (Portal 31) and view animatronics that share the history of mining and the area.  It was very interesting and educational!  

Last week was our monthly Discover Downtown Middlesboro Meeting and we got quite a bit done!  We unveiled the new logo and Josh, our chairman passed around a Chairman's Report that I will post as soon as I get a copy of it!  We also made plans to unveil a new website, and get a neighborhood plan together for the area.  I'll be working on both within the next month and hope to get something ready to present to the group by September.  We're also busy getting Fountain Square finished and we will be hosting the next South East Regional Meeting!  It's going to be a very excited fall!

I better go, I've got to get ready for a meeting on the Christmas Parade!

kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment